Well, I'm skinny again. As the Prednisone dose is decreasing, and as I'm not eating anything but broth, jello, juice, water and Boost, I am losing weight. Before the obstruction, I had gained weight for the first time in years, but now I'm back to that lower weight. I wish losing weight could be a positive thing for me, but it usually signals that my Crohn's is active, not allowing me to absorb the nutrients (as well as the fats) that I'm eating. Losing weight is usually a bad thing. In this case, I'm hoping it's just because I'm having Boost and thus on a bit of a diet.
My husband and I talked and I'm going to have at least 3 Boosts a day, maybe 4, plus anything else on the liquid diet list that I can stand that has fat and calories (pudding made with Lactaid, 2% Lactaid milk, etc.). Each Boost has only 350 calories.
I'm trying not to worry about it, but I naturally do. I pray against despair, which I'm constanting battling (I'm so good at instantly going to the Worst Case Scenario for everything that happens to me). But I have peace. I think there are good reasons for this weight loss. And as I'm successfully adding new foods and my inflammation is going down, I think I'll gain weight.
Pray for pounds.
1 comment:
This is the best blog ever!! The way she writes is so honest and vulnerable. It makes me feel like there are real people out there. I love this author whoever she is. I would really like to, like, go on a date or something with her. What do you say, anonymous blogger?
Post a Comment