The milk went well! Yay! I can have pudding!
And then the little spaghetti meal went well last night, too, after some anxiety. I'm starting to do something new when I feel stressed: I can actually feel my stomach muscles tightening with anxiety and so I physically relax those muscles while I eat. Sound silly? Well, I think it's working.
I mean, I feel like there must be a way to deal with stress in a healthy way. Or maybe it's healthier to just not get stressed at all. Is that possible? And what do you do if you get stressed? Do you just suck it up and say "I will not be stressed, it is too hard for my body"? I feel like that is called repression, and I think repressing my feelings is part of what aggravates my Crohn's symptoms.
I'm on the hunt to find a healthy way to deal with stress. It seems unavoidable; there must be a way to deal with it responsibly. At least, this is what my husband and I would like to believe.
5 comments:
Have you tried some breathing exercises or yoga? Yoga is an incredible way to learn about relaxing specific places in your body, it makes you tune in closely to how/where you deal with stress and the specific muscles in the body and how to relax them...this may be a good thing to look into.
That's a very good idea, the poopie. I have thought about it, as well as Pilates, which is supposed to be good for "core strength," which is where my problems are located. Thanks!
I've done both Pilates and Yoga and I think you may prefer yoga, it's a bit more breathing/stress focused as pilates is more strengthening. FYI!
your momma also agrees that yoga would be a good thing. also, she wonders about anti-anxiety meds. (and, yes, she hears you groan when she says that)
Well, momma, I hear you about anti-anxiety meds, but I would MUCH RATHER find a natural way to deal with everyday stress.
Post a Comment