Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I'm afraid of noodles.

My chicken noodle soup last night--the kind with the big noodles--has been approved by my body, or so it stands as of right now.

Praise the Lord!

I was very afraid that these noodles wouldn't go through well. I'm supposed to be having one little meal a day for a week and if that goes well, I graduate to two little meals a day for a week, etc. I started with the cheap chicken noodle soup for my first little meal, the kind of soup with short, super-thin noodles. And my body did well with that for two days. Then, last night, I decided (with much consternation) to try the chicken noodle soup with bigger noodles and little bits of chicken in it. It felt like the moment of truth: if I have inflammation that has solidified into scar tissue, the only things that will get through are Boost and other liquids and very small foods. But if I have inflammation that is going down because of the drugs, then I should be able to eat more and larger foods. But the only way to find out is to try larger foods and see if I'm in pain. I could think of no other way.

So, we stayed calm, talked about it alot, stopped talking about it, and watched how it went. It went great! No pain, no cramps at all. No nothing (except for normal "end products"). It looks like I'm doing well!

Now we have to figure out tonight's meal...

No comments: