Things are going very well. My little meals are growing in complexity, and my body is handling them very well. I feel gurgling in a healthy way, no pain, no trapped gas, no nothing. It's lovely. I feel like the steroids are working. Praise the Lord!
I'm quickly weaning off my Prednisone, and today I started the first of five days of 10mg of Prednisone, and after these five days are up, I'm free of it and back on a similar medicine regime as before the obstruction. That's frightening, because it didn't work before, in a way, but I am also in a better place, I think. My prayer is that the less-strong steroids I'm going back on (Entocort) will continue the work of the major steroid (Prednisone) in my body. And I have some faith that it will.
Things feel much more normal, except for all the drinking of Boost. My body is feeling more familiar to me, which is such a relief. And my husband and I were talking about it, and we both feel like I know my body better now and am treating it differently than I ever have, in good ways. I feel much more attuned to my body, not just in the gut but also with recognizing stress and emotional fluctuations (which are much reduced due to the lessening Prednisone influence). I feel more gentle with my body, more forgiving, though that co-exists with feelings of frustration and hatred toward my broken body. I think that I'll try and treat my body with great care and gentleness. Hatred and frustration can only create badness within me.
These words from Psalm 139 (which was read at our wedding) come to mind:
"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be."
Who am I to say my body is no good? God created it, and He is amazing. I have to trust that when he ordained my days, looking at my body and knowing what lay ahead, He didn't just say, "Oh well, good luck!"
No comments:
Post a Comment