Friday, June 02, 2006

Nothing new

I guess when I'm feeling well, I think about my Crohn's less. I ate something Wednesday night that caused my gut to work harder than it has been lately, but it all went through okay in the end. And there wasn't any pain or discomfort, just some unfamiliar gurgling and processing sensations. I picture my stomach as much smaller than it was previous to the obstruction, and I picture it having to expand and that feeling a little strange to me. So, it's all good.

I feel just fine, but I still dream of food. My coworkers brought in a whole bunch of pastries this morning, and I put some in baggies--one for my husband and one for me later--but I'm still dreaming of eating them. Another pastry they brought in has nuts so I wouldn't be able to have that anyway. Oh well. It's hard, not being able to eat when and what I like. But as I've said before, it's worth more to me to be able to not be in pain, not be in the hospital, and not be having surgery.

When I went to my PCP last week for a follow-up after the hospital stay (in addition to seeing my GI), I asked him to give me a referral to a dietician if he could. He did, and I recieved the referral in the mail yesterday. My husband and I are thinking up some good questions to ask him/her. I am looking forward to FINALLY talking to someone about my nutrition questions (i.e., am I getting the nutrition I need with the way I eat? What does the dietician think of all these strange diets? What does he/she think about probiotics or other supplements? What role does water play in my life with Crohn's? etc.) but I am NOT looking forward to another doctor's appointment. I'm sick of doc appointments. I want to just live my life.

I guess part of why I'm writing is to say that sometimes, no news is good news. Such has been the case this week.

No comments: