It's hard to post new entries when there isn't much new happening with my Crohn's. I am happy about that! It's pretty safe to assume (unless you get a call from my husband at the hospital) that if I haven't written in awhile, it's because I'm feeling good and don't have much new to say. ;)
I'm feeling great. I decided to have snacks because, darn it, I love snacks! I don't nibble all day, though, and that's a good thing. I used to do that occasionally, to stay awake, or to keep from becoming bored, but it's not a good thing for my body. Now I have a snack like I'd have an extra meal--all at once and in a predetermined amount. I also am finding that having a Boost in the middle of the afternoon does a LOT for my energy level (yes, all you pun-lovers, it does give me a boost).
My food diary is a challenge to keep up-to-date while I'm feeling good. I forget about it when I don't have to look it up and see if I can figure out why I was feeling crappy... But I want to see this dietician sometime, and I think having a well-maintained food diary will help him/her give me advice on how to eat.
I am staying on this strict low-fiber, low-residue diet, but I honestly don't know how long I should, or how long I need to. I'm sure my doctor would say to take it slow, see how things go... My trend is usually to be hyper-vigilant about things I'm afraid about until I get really sick of being vigilant, or forget why I was afraid, and then I let things go to the wind. So, I'm trying to remember that I'm still in recovery but when I see a piece of pepperoni pizza, I want to just chow down. I haven't yet, but I've gotten close. Baby steps, baby steps. I'm going to stay on it until the end of the month, and then maybe eat like I did before the obstruction (except without the bad food choices, the things I shouldn't have been eating anyway, like steak).
I got a Nalgene-like water bottle a couple of days ago, so I'm hoping that it will encourage me to keep drinking water. It holds 20 oz, which sets a good goal: drink one bottle during the day at work. Add that to a glass with breakfast and a glass with supper, and I'm doing well. And if I'm tempted to snack, bring on more water!
More goals: try out a yoga class, see if my insurance will cover the dietician appointment, get enough sleep.
I hope you're all doing well!
No comments:
Post a Comment