Yay! I'm up to three meals--started yesterday--and am doing great. Well, I haven't been eating ANY fiber at all, so I'm having some issues of that genre, but my doctor hooked me up with a cure for that ailment, and then I'll be 100% great (and I've decided to start eating more soluble fiber, so hopefully I will stop having this frustrating problem).
I feel super. No cramps, no nothing of the Crohn's sort. Praise the Lord! I guess I just needed to ease into food more slowly, let my gut rest. My personality is very cautious and not excited about risks; I guess I shouldn't be surprised that my body is slow and cautious, too.
I see my doctor tomorrow--pray about it if you think of it. It's a big day--my father-in-law is having his surgery, too, so pray for that. I'm hoping my doc appointment won't result in a decision about surgery. I have a fear that the doc will say something like, "Okay, now you're stable, and I've been reviewing your files and I think you need surgery so these osbstructions will stop happening." But there is little basis in reality for that fear (as is so often the case). Our prayer is that I can be healed of Crohn's without surgery. I'm going to bring in the article about the new drug.
My husband and I had tomato soup (good soluble fiber) and grilled cheese last night, together. It is such a gift, everytime we are able to eat food together--solid food, the same food as the other person. I am so much more aware now of my blessings, of the good things in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment