Friday, June 09, 2006

Water

I'm feeling good these days. The three meals seem to be working. And I'm being really good about having only these three meals--no snacks in between. I want to continue to rest my gut.

Something I realized the other day: I am off caffeine! I haven't had it since the day I went into the hospital, over a month ago. And I'm doing fine without it! I think I picked an excellent way to detox, though: the first few days I was off caffeine, I was also on some really strong painkillers and I was being constantly hydrated by the IV in my arm. This helps a lot with the withdrawal symptoms. ;) So, why go back on? I can easily have tea without caffeine, and I'm avoiding carbonated beverages for the time being: who needs all that extra gas in their body? Certainly not me.

My newest method of taking care of myself, in addition to all I've learned, is to drink a lot of water. I know I've aimed to drink water in the past, but I'm really feeling the positive side-effects of drinking lots of water. I never knew how important water was for your colon, especially when you're not on a fibrous diet. And I just feel like it keeps me cleaned out, keeps the toxins, etc. moving through my body, like a helpful traffic light system, instead of letting things sit in there forever.

So, I'm drinking water. Lots of it. I have it with every meal. I'm trying to acquire the taste for it. And though I've been its fair-weather friend in the past, I'm vowing to commit this time, to stay in daily touch, to take it out for lunch, even to buy it birthday presents.

No comments: