Friday, June 23, 2006

Food? Who cares.

Well, I'm no longer dreaming about food. It doesn't occupy my every-other thought. I am often not hungry when mealtime comes, or nothing sounds good to me. Ah, it was fun while it lasted.

And I'm also not feeling beautifully clean and cramp-free anymore, either. This week I've been feeling gassy (inside, not out) for about half of every day, and it usually clears up by the morning but is still discouraging. I imagine the inside of my intestines, in the troubled area, getting smaller and smaller again, in small increments, waiting to close up on me again. This is the fear talking mostly, I'm sure, but I also want to be good about learning the warning signs for a flare. I can recognize the signs for an obstruction now, but not a flare. For instance, some people's joints ache before they flare (I think it's related to inflammation), but I didn't experience that until I read that little fact and now my joints hurt intermittently, with no flares following (I'm very suggestable).

How do I respond to this gas and other things (like diarrhea) with proper action and not fear? How do I know if it's time to have a Boost and let things calm down? How do I not have a Boost just out of fear? I aim for a better motivation: I don't want to only act out of fear. But I also have been burned in the past. Lord, have mercy.

I am not doing as good a job of being calm, being stressfree. I am drinking water, and staying on my strict diet.

In a week or two, I start reducing my steroids from 3 tablets to 2 everyday. It sounds like if things flare up, I'll have surgery (instead of going back onto steroids). And right now, I don't feel like I'll do well off steroids. Please pray.

No comments: