So, we had a very stressful week last week, mostly because of my husband's job duties. He worked long hours, including an overnight retreat, and we had 13 college students to our tiny apartment for a meal that my husband and I prepared.
And there were the storms. I don't like storms, especially when my husband is out of town and I'm supposed to be cleaning the house and preparing the dinner.
And I still haven't found a therapist and I haven't been trying very hard. It's hard to go into therapy again. I was in it during my parents' divorce, and it's just hard to be vulnerable and open about my issues, and be willing to take advise and counsel about changes I should make. I dread it. I'm not panicking about it, which is what I did during June and July.
Anyway.
My Crohn's must be working out all that stress from the last few weeks and taking it out on my intestines. I have had problems for the past few days, and this morning I woke up with gas and discomfort, an unusual situation (I usually have problems starting in the afternoon at the earliest, as I've mentioned).
So, it's frustrating but understandable. I'm going to do what I've learned to do: sleep more, eat safe foods, exercise, drink enough water, not snack too much or eat too late. And go to a therapist.
I feel so close to healing. That sounds strange, but it's almost like I feel like there are steps that I need to take in order to either be healed of Crohn's or receive peace about it. One of the steps was the dental work. One of the steps was the psychiatric drugs for depression and anxiety. One step is going to be seeing a therapist about my besetting issues, things underlying my life that cause me conscious or unconscious stress.
I called a therapist this morning for an appointment, so I hope he can fit me in. Please pray for me. For relief from pain, for patience, for courage.
No comments:
Post a Comment