Tuesday, August 07, 2007

I spoke too soon

Today is Day Three of diarrhea. I am perplexed, especially because I feel just fine otherwise--no pain or cramping. I don't know what could be causing it, other than stress and the fact that I'm not altering my diet very much. I just assumed it was Crohn's, so I didn't think I should treat it like typical diarrhea (AKA eating rice, bananas, applesauce, toast, etc.).

But maybe I should alter my game plan.

I don't want to get dehydrated, so I'm drinking Gatorade instead of water. I'm taking Probiotics every morning, which are supposed to help with restoring my good stomach bacteria and stopping diarrhea. I'm changing what I eat today: no more leftover pizza and mac and cheese for lunch. I'm going to have rice and chicken and some tomato soup. And applesauce.

I wonder if it's a stomach bug. I wonder if it's stress. I wonder if it's the fact that I'm not getting enough sleep. Mostly I wonder and worry that it's my Crohn's rearing its ugly head after taking a break.

Sigh.

Please pray.

No comments: