Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Nothing new

Well, folks, nothing new on this front.

My diarrhea has calmed down, which is great. I'm feeling much better. And I am also happy to not be drinking so much Gatorade anymore, because I don't really like it. It takes kind of slimey to me.

I'm keeping up my Crohn's chart, and I feel like that's really helpful for me. I love the format, which my husband designed, and it's great to look forward to someday looking over these charts and seeing patterns (i.e., "hmmm... when I am traveling I have lots of constipation!). Should be helpful. I may even bring it in to my doctor.

I guess some big news to share would be that we are going to switch insurance in January, to get onto my husband's plan. It's an HMO, which will be nice and also not nice. I was so anxious about switching over to a PPO last year because I thought it would cost a lot of money, and while it has cost more money, it's also been SO NICE to not have to mess with referrals and be able to go see whichever doctor I want, when I want. Some of the care my husband and I are receiving now will definitely change in payment and frequency: my husband's chiropractor, my psychiatrist, my therapist (when I pick one). We'll see what God has in store.

I think the PPO was good for this year with all my dental and emotional stuff and my husband's back and feet problems, but hopefully that will calm down next year and we'll be able to revel in the 100% coverage of many services. For now, I'm happy to have reached my deductible and almost reached the out of pocket maximum, so we won't have a lot of extra bills to pay through December.

Sorry about the boring details. It's good for me to write it out.

No comments: