Something is not right--still--with my Crohn's. Last night (and evening) was a difficult night: I had a lot of gas inside that didn't move much. It would have been like a bowel obstruction:
(1) if it had started within two hours of eating something (instead, it started building after lunch and was at its worst right before dinner, five hours after lunch);
(2) if there had been intense cramping that escalated and then resolved with a bowel movement or passing gas (instead, there was no intense peristalsis, just a buildup of gas that didn't seem to move very quickly and just got more and more tight in my intestines. It finally began to move in a more productive manner and I eventually passed gas etc., which helped but didn't 100% relieve the gas/pain, like usual);
and (3) if I woke up feeling great this morning (I didn't. I still felt crampy but was able to pass gas etc. so I feel okay this morning but not nearly as good as I feel in the mornings, which are usually my best times).
So, it's discouraging. I woke in the night (b/c of a dream, not b/c of any pain) and had trouble falling back asleep because I kept thinking about what my doc would say if I said that I'm having trouble. I think he would send me in for that new CT scan that he told me about before. I wish I could stay on Entocort, because it helps me so much, but he prefers surgery to long term steroid use. I either have to trust his judgment or get a second opinion. And getting a second opinion might make changing doctors easier. I'm just less and less satisfied with the way he treats me and really want to switch doctors, but am still worried (as I've said before) about the stress inherent in switching doctors and finding someone that will treat me with respect and treat my Crohn's intelligently.
Please pray for me today.
No comments:
Post a Comment