I'm not feeling the best today, and haven't been for most of the weekend (afternoons and evenings). I'm feeling "Crohn's-y," which means that I have pain that doesn't just feel like gas or something like that. It is pain that is unique to Crohn's flare-ups/troubles.
I wouldn't say I'm having a flare-up, necessarily. Unless a flare-up lasts over time. I just am struggling to find foods that don't bother me. And I can think of several reasons for this (it's important for me to think this through, as you've learned by now):
1. It's just my Crohn's acting up and there's nothing I'm doing to cause it.
2. I'm finished with the Entocort now and it's probably almost completely out of my system.
3. [my strongest explanation) I'm processing--in that delayed, delayed way I have--all the stress and worrying and anxiety that I experienced the week(s) leading up to my wisdom teeth surgery. My first obstruction happened two weeks after our wedding (very stressful week), my second happened two weeks after a very stressful Holy Week at church. It's now two weeks after my surgery. Hmm...
So, I'm going to try and use the information I've gained about the way my Crohn's works: I'm going to eat as if I'm having a lot more trouble than I actually am, preventatively (meaning, no exotic foods); I'm going to exercise regularly; I'm going to pray a lot (so that I don't just do all this myself); I'm going to drink lots of water; I'm going to do relaxation exercises; and most importantly, I'm not going to be anxious about this.
We'll see how this works. I need to remain calm and not anticipate the worst (SO much easier said than done). I think I'm actually doing very well considering how much stress I put myself under. I mean, I was on Entocort both times I had the obstructions, and that's the only drug that seems to help.
I'll keep monitoring and see how I feel. I scheduled a doc appt with my gastro on June 21 (they didn't have any earlier than that), so hopefully I'll be feeling great by then, over the hump.
Thank you for your prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment