Thursday, May 03, 2007

Bartholomew and Therese

I'm feeling fine, just thought I would check in and let you all know.

Today, I am officially down to one Entocort a day, and will continue that for a month, at which point I will stop the Entocort and see how it goes. I am a little worried, but the truth is, I'm feeling really good these days and I'm not even 100% stress-free! So, I feel like my body is in a good place and my Crohn's isn't as active as it has been in the past. Thank you, Lord!

I now have my permanent crown on the most expensive tooth in my mouth. Yippee for that! It was no fun chewing on one side of my mouth for a month when I had the temporary crown.

I am now anticipating/dreading my wisdom teeth surgery in two weeks from today. Gulp. A coworker recently had hers removed, too, and because she mentioned panic and because she's my age, I asked her for details, thinking I would get a pretty accurate picture of what I may have to go through myself. She gave me the blow-by-blow, and it was so great! EXACTLY how my oral surgeon described it (he's not lying!). So, that makes me happy. I feel more prepared. One of my favorite quotes from her email:

[One of] My suggestions to you--realize you won't feel a thing or know what's going on at all--thanks be to God for drugs!


So, I'll keep remembering that.

I'm hoping to get back into exercising; I've only been to the gym twice since Easter, and both time I had adverse reactions from my legs getting sore and swollen. I wonder if it was because I was out of shape or if I was dehydrated or if my varicose veins were acting up. I don't know. But I put the compression stockings on and eventually felt better. Weird legs.

That's the update on me (healthwise, at least)! I hope you're doing well.

No comments: