Thursday, May 24, 2007

Healing Nicely

I had a follow-up appointment with my oral surgeon this morning, and he said that my sockets are healing up nicely! Yippee! I was so worried that he'd say, "Oh no! You have a terrible infection! Why didn't you tell me???" Nope. I'm in the clear.

He showed me how to use a little syringe to clean out my lower sockets (the upper ones are already healed, apparently). He said, too, that my hygiene is very good. That was good to hear, because it's been hard to know if I'm doing things right, being very cautious, etc. Sorry if that's TMI.

I'm allowed to eat more foods, integrating them as I heal. He said that if it hurts, I shouldn't eat it yet. And he said that stitches, which are still in, WILL come out in due time. I shouldn't worry. ;)

It was incredibly encouraging. Just wanted to pass along the good news! Thank you for your prayers.

No comments: