Well, in 24 hours I will have survived (Lord willing) my wisdom teeth surgery that I have been avoiding for many, many years. About ten years, I'd say. That'll feel good, the fact that I am taking care of myself, but the pain and blood and gore won't feel good. Oh well. Such is life.
I just called the oral surgeon's office to see when I need to stop eating before the surgery and if I can have water tomorrow morning, and she said that I need to stop all water and food at midnight tonight. This is because anything in my stomach runs the risk of going into my lungs if I were to throw up or something. I don't really understand, but that sounds gross and if I can avoid it, I will.
This is tricky, though, because I have medicines I need to take in the mornings, with food. I asked her about it and she said I should wait for the afternoon if I can. I guess I have to! I think it'll be okay to skip them or wait for the afternoon.
Sorry about the inane details. They're part of what keep me sane(ish).
And thank you for your prayers. I'll try and call or email or update this blog when I am feeling better (and able to talk).
No comments:
Post a Comment