I'm feeling 95%!
I am healing rather quickly, praise the Lord! And as I was saying to my mother-in-law this morning, I feel like I'm at 95%: not completely normal yet, but quite close.
I don't have any more bruising. My sockets are not so tender, which makes cleaning and brushing MUCH easier. I am not on Tylenol full time anymore, but only take it when I need it (once or twice a day, as opposed to the maximum four times a day). I eat pretty much everything I ate before. I think a lot of the things that might be too painful to eat are things I can't eat because of my Crohn's: popcorn, seeds, nuts, thorns, brambles, etc. My swelling is almost completely gone, but my husband and I agree that I still look a little different, a tiny bit puffy yet. Oh well.
So, thank you for your prayers! They are certainly contributing to the speedy recovery I'm experiencing. The one thing left to keep an eye on for me, is keeping the sockets clean. I need to make sure that I clean them fully and also keep my teeth clean, because as the oral surgeon said, those remaining teeth, especially the ones right at the back of my mouth, are the main reasons I got my wisdom teeth out in the first place!
It feels amazing to have passed this huge hurdle that I've been avoiding for so long. I feel so proud of myself. And I'm excited to have finished all my dental work. If I can stay on track with cleanings and flossing and everything, I may not have another season of fillings ahead of me. I also want to look into calcium supplements, which may help my teeth from the inside out.
No comments:
Post a Comment