For the record, my Crohn's is not good and hasn't been for awhile (probably 2 weeks) but I can think of many good reasons for it:
1. I've been stressed--both positive and negative--since the Crohn's has gone downhill, because of the holidays.
2. I've been stressed because of spending last week at a large convention for my work. I worked long days doing stressful work, and did not eat well at all while I was there. Not to mention my lack of any sort of rhythm (eating, exercising, praying, sleeping, etc.) while I was there. I'm a very rhythmic person.
3. Food rhythms have been messed up because of the holidays.
4. I was on antibiotics for a sinus infection and wonder if when I finished them, they left me with a deficit of good bacteria in my body with which to handle my food properly.
5. I am having three teeth filled tonight (permanent fillings now) and three filled next Wednesday. Needless to say, I'm sticking to the Valium during this stressful time.
So, there you go. For posterity. I feel crappy but somewhat optimistic. I have to say that I have been pretty worried about the affect this convention will have on my body. The two times I was in the hospital followed two extremely stressful times in my life (wedding and Holy Week) and my body seemed to process the stress after the event had passed. So, it's good to anticipate some difficulties this week and next and eat carefully and rest and exercise a lot, but I need to be careful not to despair or anticipate disaster.
Please pray.
I hope your Christmastime is going well.
No comments:
Post a Comment