Yup, I'm back on the Entocort. Here's the story:
My Crohn's was really bad Thursday night, having gotten worse and worse, and I decided to stay home from work Friday because I was exhausted from still needing to catch up on sleep and having had a bad night's sleep that night. I also called the GI nurse, to see if my dentist appointments were causing some kind of problem with my Crohn's, and to note that when I took antibiotics, I seemed to feel better. The nurse actually answered the phone, which NEVER happens, so I got to say everything to her. She thought the Crohn's problems are more related to the stress of the dental work than the bacteria or something like that, but said to take it easy and she'd talk to my doc and get back to me if he wanted me to do anything different.
I took a three hour nap that morning and when I woke up, I had a voicemail from the nurse saying that my doc wanted me to go on Entocort for four weeks and see him before the four weeks were up. That's great! I feel like this will help me stabilize after unbelievable and incontrollable stress in my life, and I don't anticipate staying on the Entocort for very long.
My husband and I were talking more about everything, and I thought, maybe the antibiotics wiped out the good bacteria in my body and the dentist work stirred up a lot of bad bacteria and my stressed-out body is having trouble dealing with all of it. So, I called the nurse back and asked (because she answered AGAIN! amazing!) if I could take probiotics. She said sure, it won't hurt and might help.
So, after a long time of researching different probiotics, we've decided to try Udo's Choice Probiotics. I had called the unit at the hospital I was at last time, to ask what kind of probiotics I received while I was there, and the nurse didn't know but said to (1) get ones that have the most units per dose and (2) try this certain health store because they're very knowledgable there. So, we did, and after some further research, decided to try Udo's because of their recommendation and the website and the great packaging. ;) Anyway, it's 12 billion parts/capsule, which is very good, though it's a lot and I'm hoping I won't have difficulties. The health store initially recommended sticking to 2-6 billion/capsule because it might be gentler on my system, but with the nurses recommendation, I thought why not. I'll let you know how it goes. Please pray that I don't have adverse affects (no one seems to get side effects from probiotics, so that's good).
So, there you go. I'm on a liquid diet mostly while things calm down, and starting the Entocort this morning and probiotics with lunch should help a lot.
No comments:
Post a Comment