Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Another Flare

Here is the email we just sent out, asking for prayer. I wanted to include it here. I'm not always good about asking for prayer, but my husband encouraged me to send it out far and wide.

We wanted to write again and ask that you continue to pray for me regarding my Crohn's Disease. I had a lot of pain today, a "flare," and I'm still in pain, sore, perhaps as an aftershock. This isn't the way it usually happens when I have a flare, so it's confusing as well as discouraging, as I'm on this new medication that's supposed to help. I spoke with my doctor this evening and he said to take it easy with foods for awhile, but didn't indicate that I needed to be in the hospital or something equally serious, which was good. I'm hoping that the meds will kick in soon and I can eat normally.

I can't express how frustrating and wearying this continues to be. I don't usually have a lot of patience to wait for His healing, as it comes in pills, in rest, in time, or even in a miracle healing. My husband and I would love to continue to be in your prayers for us, for wisdom about what to do when I have pain, for energy to survive these traumas, for the lasting peace and strong hope that only God can provide for us.

Thank you.

No comments: