Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Little better...

Well, I am feeling a little better, on average. I've eaten a lot more solid food, and that feels good. I'm feeling good during the day, but the nighttime is killing me. Last night I woke up because of sharp nausea (strange adjective choice but true), but was able to take care of it with some time and some Maalox. I then laid in bed for awhile waiting for my intestines to work out some gas that they weren't doing a lot about. This was frightening, because when my body stops trying to push stuff through, that's when I go to the hospital because I have a bowel obstruction. And the pain was hard last night partly because it was nighttime and as my husband reminds me, pain is always worse at night. But I survived.

Today I'm still trying to work out that gas (I know, a little too descriptive, but it's just my family reading this, so I'm not going to be embarrassed) because my tummy is rather tight. Or sore. I don't know how to describe it. My husband and I sometimes compare how we're feeling because maybe we both just ate something bad and what feels like "Crohn's" to me might just be a normal upset stomach. Pain is such a subjective thing that is impossible to put into words (I struggled with finding the words for that sad, sad sentence, even!).

So, anyway, I think the steroids are working but I'm not sure about the probiotics. I don't have a lot of patience for alternative remedies. Please continue praying. I need prayer, I need sleep, I need trust in my Father, I need tangible ways to work out stress.

I'll close with posting the prayer I've taken from the Book of Common Prayer and put on my computer screen to remember today (forgive me if I posted this already). There is SO MUCH to meditate on in that prayer. God is blessing me with it.

O God, the source of all health: So fill my heart with faith in your love, that with calm expectancy I may make room for your power to possess me, and gracefully accept your healing; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

No comments: