Thursday, August 17, 2006

Mystery

Some mysterious gas last night. Ah, gas stories. Aren't you glad you get to hear them?

Anyway, I don't know why I was having it, but it was sort of sharp, so maybe it wasn't gas. I don't know, but the only reason I can think that I was having it is because we spent the night running around to three grocery stores to get all our groceries, among other errands, and perhaps I wasn't being stressfree in a helpful way to my body. It was that positive stress, the energy of getting things done, but I think I should have been calmer about getting things done (advice I get often from my husband).

Having Crohn's makes me a detective, I am finding out. I had a doc in the hospital this last time that I liked at first because he listened to my medical history and then asked all sorts of random questions that, when we pressed him, he explained had helped him to understand my condition. (We didn't like him much after awhile, because it felt like he was keeping me at the hospital for longer than I needed to be there. Turns out, it was probably okay that I stayed, seeing as I had a flare a few days after I got out and it took me a month to get onto full solid meals. Things were more serious that we'd thought.)

So, I'm doing great, despite the mystery gas, and amazed that my body is handling the lessening of steroids so well. Praise God!

No comments: