Thursday, August 10, 2006

Frustrated

Last night I left a little early from work because of gas in my abdomen that wasn't moving. I needed to lay flat on my back (the best way to give things room to move, I've found).

So frustrating.

I didn't eat supper, tried to relax, tried to get things to move. They didn't resolve themselves fully until this morning, though I had no trouble sleeping. We had people over last night for a movie, and I couldn't join them with banana bread and tea. At least, I didn't feel like I should eat, because what if it is a blockage, or a less-serious but still serious stricture? If gas can't even get through, then how can a whole meal? Even a wonderful meal that my husband created?

So. Frustrating.

Today I'm taking it a little easy. Having a Boost or two during the day with solid breakfast and (hopefully) supper. Back to keeping my food diary reliously. Trying to process my frustration and big emotions, not hold them in (as usual, this is good for so many reasons). Trying not to feel depressed, like this is a setback. I mean, there's no reason for last night's episode, except that I had a lot of sugar during the afternoon, much more than usual. But I never noticed sugar being a problem until the dietician mentioned it. Now I notice it, or think I do. Grrr...

Please pray. My steroids go down to one/day tomorrow, and it worries me a little.

I'm trying to stay open to healing, in whatever form that takes.

O God, the source of all health: So fill my heart with faith in your love, that with calm expectancy I may make room for your power to possess me, and gracefully accept your healing; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

(From the BCP)

No comments: