Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Daily

Just a little update.

I'm feeling okay. I noticed that I've felt kind of funky (meaning gassy, etc.) every evening (just before supper until bedtime) for the last week or so. I don't know what that means. Perhaps my body is getting used to not being on as many steroids. Perhaps I'm eating more fiber (which I am half-heartedly trying to do, per my dietician's advice) and that's harder for my body to figure out. Perhaps I'm not doing good stress management.

I always feel fine in the morning, but it makes me wonder. I want to keep an eye on trends, not just assessing myself in a daily manner. If I look back to the time leading up to the last hospital stay, I was doing things on a daily basis that were hard on my body--being stressed, eating beef, cheating on foods. Daily. And because I felt okay on average--not great, but okay--everyday, I figured I was doing fine. It was just in looking back on the time as a whole that I noticed, hey, I had two flares in two weeks. Hey, I was feeling 75-80% everyday for two weeks. Hey, I had just finished an EXTREMELY stressful Holy Week and hadn't taken time to get extra rest or be super easy on foods for as long as I could have. And the kicker--perhaps my Crohn's was acting up on its own accord, regardless of what I was doing.

So, I'm trying to figure out how to keep a small picture and big picture outlook, without overreacting (this is the rub). Breathing...

No comments: