Thursday, September 27, 2007

Long time no write

I know, I know, it's been awhile.

I've been doing pretty well! I use the Crohn's chart to chart my symptoms every night, and I feel much more on top of things. I am drinking a lot of water these days but not exercising, so that's something to work on.

One exciting thing is that the physical therapy is progressing well. I have been going for two weeks now, and I have a series of exercises that I have to do daily, along with the twice-weekly appointments to have "massage" and monitored exercises. I don't know what to call my sessions, actually. They don't really massage me; you could say (as my husband noted) that they manually stretch some of my really tight muscles on the backs of my legs, by pushing and sliding down the muscles repeatedly while I have them in a stretched position. I almost passed out Wednesday from the pain of the therapist's manual stretching. So very painful. And she wasn't even pushing very hard! I have bruises now. I think they're going to have to go easier on me!

I've decided not to pursue the abdominal massage, even though the therapists want me to. I worry that my last flare was caused by abdominal massage, but I don't know. So much of Crohn's is unknown. You probably have learned that by now!

I'm working on strengthening my "trunk," which is very weak. I look forward to how I'll feel when my body is in much better shape.

No comments: