Thank you for your prayers.
The flare seems to have been an isolated event. I'm feeling fine now, though still keeping an eagle's eye on my food and well-being. I'm concerned about a heightened level of anxiety that's bothering me. I think it's because of a new antidepressant that I'm on, and hoping that the heightened anxiety will pass. I also hope that it won't affect my Crohn's as I deal with it.
I'm still not exercising as much as I should. I start physical therapy this week, twice per week. I want to work on my posture and my back pain. I have the back pain when I've walked for a long time, which makes me think it's because of the way that I walk. I've tried new shoes, a new speed, new climates, everything. And sure enough, the initial appointment at the physical therapist revealed that the right side of my pelvis (or hips, I can't remember) is less well-developed than my left side. And my body compensates. So, I'll be learning exercises to even my body out. Hopefully they won't exacerbate my Crohn's. I know that they will involve some stomach exercises, which scare me, but I really want to build up my core strength, because it's key to good posture, so we'll see how much I can handle.
There's so much change in my life right now. I don't always do a good job of handling it. I'm thankful for the drugs, for the physical therapist, for the gym membership, for the therapist. We'll see how God uses them to create healthy patterns in me.
No comments:
Post a Comment