My mother will hate this title, but it's simply the first one that came to mind. I want to be more creative about titling, and I've always had a gift of instantly coming up with completely random words or phrases upon request. So why is titling my blog entries so hard for me?
Perhaps because this blog covers only one part of my personhood: my health. And that part of me is not as full of humor as the rest of me: it's logical, it's anxious, it's obsessive, it's stubborn, it's extremely resistant to risk, and it's very fearful. Not my best qualities, but definitely qualities that belong to me.
And you guys get to hear all about this. I worry that I'm not keeping in good enough touch with some of you for you to get a full picture of me, of how I'm doing as a whole person these days. While a lot of me is wrapped up in health--both mental and physical--concerns, there's a lot else going on.
I'll just give you a taste of my life:
I have an amazingly patient and creative husband that I love so much. He and I are growing closer every day.
I have some very close friends that live very far away and I'm terrible at keeping in touch with them. Same goes for my family. This pains me.
I have a group of two other women that I meet with about 2 or 3 times a month for mutual discipleship, and it's so fulfilling for me.
I am learning more about God's unfailing love for me and thought this morning about the mystery and wonder of his Holy Spirit living in me, making my body a temple.
I am enjoying my job and the added responsibilities that I was handed at my last annual review.
The weather has cooled down after days of humid heat and it was beautiful today, my husband said: a bright blue sky with fluffy clouds, the sun rising over the roof of the house he's working on these days.
My husband and I are going out to a play this weekend with some friends and I'm really excited. I love these friends and am intrigued by this playwright.
I'm so looking forward to going to see my in-laws in a week. I look forward to rest and refreshment in their loving care.
I'm re-reading my favorite book series: the Laurie R. King books about Mary Russell. I'm obsessed with them.
This morning I was really sad that I can't have Honey Bunches of Oats anymore: too much ruffage for my intestines.
I hate my hair right now and need a haircut but will complain about it for another week or two before actually doing something about it. It's one of my cute quirks (right, hubby?).
There are some big things going on in our life right now, some potentially large life changes that frighten and excite me. They bring me to prayer often, but not often enough.
I'm learning about marriage, about God, about obsession, about trust, about joy, about dreams and goals in this time. And my Crohn's is okay, and my anxiety and obsession flutters about my head, but I'm living my life. And all this, of course, is just a taste. I look forward to talking to all of you (or emailing) sometime soon about your lives and my life, in full.
No comments:
Post a Comment