Ah, yes, the trauma continues.
I went into the dentist last night because I noticed that one of my half-in wisdom teeth was sharp, and sure enough, it's "breaking apart" and I have to get my wisdom teeth taken out right away (maybe only two, because the other two haven't grown in and might not be causing trouble).
I was able to make an appointment for Monday with an oral surgeon who has a dentist degree AND an MD, so he'll be good for dealing with my extra-dental medical complications, and who happens to be the cheapest guy in our county (my dentist said). He's cheap because he's new and wants to build his client base. But my dentist said he's great, with "amazing hands." My dentist sends people to him who've had bad jobs done at other oral surgeons and this guy fixes them. So, I feel pretty good about him. Plus, I'm going to ask him if I can have general anesthesia, which will make it MUCH easier on my stress level.
Now I just pray that it'll be covered by my PPO. The surgery et al can be covered if the teeth are impacted or are under the skin. I've never hoped my wisdom teeth were impacted until today. My dental insurance maximum benefit is all used up after the cavities, root canal and crown.
Gosh, you get all the gory details. ;)
Happy things:
I'm feeling good Crohn's wise. I haven't been able to exercise because I don't have time and I'm having trouble with a vein in my leg, but I feel pretty good, stress-wise. It's just SUCH a relief not to have to do Holy Week duties at my church like I had the past few years.
No comments:
Post a Comment