Well, I'm recovering from Holy Week. While it wasn't as stressful as last year, it still had its challenges, and I'm weary from late nights and hurried meals and anxiety about performing, etc. Not to mention the positive stress: beloved houseguests, and celebration and dancing about the risen Lord!
I am experiencing this stress in my legs, mainly, which is new for me. They are swollen and the veins are painful: varicose veins. My doctor diagnosed them yesterday, when I was nervous that I might have a blood clot in my leg, something that Crohn's patients are more prone to. He said that the dangerous blood clots are in the large vein along the bottom of your leg, and all my pain was on the top of my leg.
Varicose veins run in my family, and I already have some, so it wasn't too suprising to receive that diagnosis. It's just that the ones I already have on my legs haven't been painful. These are painful and make my leg swell up. I've been prescribed compression stockings for when my legs are hurting or when I'm going to be imobile for awhile (like on a plane or car trip), and I'm less than excited about that experience and the price of it. Oh well.
So, I'm off to buy compression stockings so I can get some relief. Please keep praying that I will be able to exercise and work out any other stress that may be planning to hit me next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment