Friday, August 29, 2008

Gas

Another rough week Crohn's-wise. Well, not actual Crohn's pain, but EXTREME gas in the bowels due to pregnancy AND having Crohn's. By the end of the day, I'm surprised that I don't just float up to the ceiling, my belly is so taut with gas.

Just pass it, you say. AS IF I DON'T WHENEVER I CAN.

(insert apologies to coworkers here)

Ahem.

The problem is that when I say "gas," sometimes I mean farting but usually I mean the gas in the bowels that just rumbles around and makes me very uncomfortable. It's not really being bloated. I don't know what else to call it.

Anyway, sometimes, at the end of the day, I lay on my couch (which lays me at an angle, to the right, so it's not blocking a blood vessel to the baby) and watch the two halves of my belly roll around: below my belly button, the baby is kicking and wiggling and I can often see my belly move with her motions. Above my belly button, the gas in my intestines rolls around and I can see it rise and fall like the swells on the ocean.

No comments: