I am recovering from a most lovely long wedding weekend for my little sister's wedding. It was so wonderful, but I didn't do a good job of energy stewardship. Nor did I control my emotional stress very well, so needless to say, my Crohn's has been acting up since Sunday.
However, today I've not had any problems with the Crohn's yet--no gas, no bloating, no pain. So that's great! I'll take it! I've been sleeping a lot and watching what I eat. I guess the effort is paying off.
I'm interested in seeing how my somewhat brittle intestines are going to adjust to having very little space in my abdomen as this baby grows inside of me. I honestly don't understand why the doctors aren't concerned. I mean, there are parts of my intestines that are hardened and not smooth or flexible because of scar tissue buildup. How are they going to find places to go and not just crack open or something horrible like that?
I am being light about this but it really is a fear. My worst infected spot of Crohn's and scar tissue at at the juncture of my small and large intestines, and I can feel how that spot is at my right ribs, instead of my lower right abdomen. I feel the most pain and aching there when I'm having Crohn's issues like this week. I'm only 7 months along, with three months to go (7, 8, 9), and I wonder how it's going to go. Thank God the baby grows gradually and not all at once.
Maybe this is one reason why pregnant women with Crohn's deliver prematurely more often than healthy women--because their bodies say there's no more room in the inn and something's got to go.
I don't know.
And don't get me started on fears of how my Crohn's will be affected by the childbirth. That's a whole other post.
Thanks for listening.
No comments:
Post a Comment