Yup. I just heard from the nurse today and they got my additional blood work back and my B12 level is normal. So, I don't have pernicious anemia.
Why am I not excited?
I should be! I should be happy that the B12 vitamins have apparently been working. And that's good news because it implies that I am absorbing those nutrients well.
But I feel kind of let down. I mean, I still don't have an explanation for why my hair continues to fall out. And I guess I was hoping that the B12 shots would give me increased energy and brain power and warmth (I tend to be cold). It was great having a scapegoat ("Tired? Don't worry, it's just the pernicious anemia!"). And I don't have an answer for the shortness of breath, though I have to say, I am breathing just fine this week. Maybe I was just stressed and not getting enough sleep.
I could still take the referral from my doc and see a pulmonary specialist, take some breathing tests and see if anything's wrong there. But I don't know. I think I'll see how I feel for awhile and then maybe go in before my HMO runs out at the end of the year if I'm still having problems.
I think that, in general, I need more sleep and more exercise, and the scales will tip back into normality in many areas. Please continue to pray, though.
No comments:
Post a Comment