I'm doing okay, just so you know. I'm not freaking out very much, I just happen to think about my appointment tomorrow a lot. And then I just try to give it to the Lord. He can handle my anxiety and instill peace in my mind and heart.
So, I think I'll be fine. I'm feeling especially hopeful because my doctor said there wouldn't be a problem with having dental work on Imuran and I should be fine using Valium on Imuran, too. Yippee! So, I'm doing a little "experiment" tonight, as my dentist/friend instructs me, to see how Valium makes me feel. He said there's a small percentage of people who have the opposite reaction to Valium than hoped: they get really restless and unable to settle down. Or other people just get knocked out and fall asleep. I've had a generic Valium in college for my (first) colonoscopy, and it had the "intended affect:" I was very restful and happy and at ease. I'm hoping I'll have a similar experience this time.
And for anyone worried: my husband will be driving me to and fro tomorrow. ;)
Some of you have brought up a good point: there's a chance that this dental work will improve my health. If indeed my teeth have been allowing bacteria into my body willy-nilly, then closing those doors will keep me healthier. We'll see!
No comments:
Post a Comment