Quick update for my own sanity:
I'm five months pregnant with our second child--another daughter--and am experiencing active Crohn's since I got pregnant. I guess I was kind of hoping that the pregnancy wouldn't set it off again, but oh well. We'll survive.
Right now I'm feeling anxious because of the enchiladas I made tonight and the fact that the onion and green pepper weren't soft-cooked. They were crunchier than I usually do, and there was a fair amount in my serving. Lately it feels like everything bothers my gut. EVERYTHING. And my GI--whom I LOVE LOVE LOVE, for the record--said that there really isn't anything else he can do for me and if I start having serious issues again, he's going to refer me to the doctors and surgeons at U of C. Sigh. So I'm trying to lay low.
Memories of last pregnancy and the tremendous back pain I experienced for months, which we found out was redirected pain from the growing abscess in my abdomen are coming back. I'm scared something will happen again that will take me away from Baby B, like it did with Junebug. Those memories have such a hold and pull me into such fear. I want to keep giving them to the Lord.
I'm discovering that there are things I need to do to keep my body in working shape during this pregnancy. Chasing a toddler all day instead of sitting in front of a desk makes for different energy needs, and I want to take care of myself. For the record, here are those things I've learned so far:
1. Prenatal Yoga. I use a DVD I bought for the first pregnancy that is soothing and makes my body feel so strong and relaxed and well-stretched. It also seems to help digest my food in the evenings. I make sure to do it AFTER Junebug is in bed.
2. Drinking Fluids. I need to drink more fluids. I can tell I'm not getting enough just from all the Braxton-Hicks contractions I'm having already. I drink Crystal Lite lemonade to help get water but I want to be able to do regular water. I can only drink it ICE cold, usually with ice in it.
3. Napping. I need to nap when Junebug naps. I need that sleep more than I need the time to pay bills, etc.
4. Prayer Time/Bible Study. I need to do this.
5. Introvert/Alone Time. Ditto
1 comment:
Matthew 6:34
King James
34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
New American standard
34"So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
The Message
34"Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.
I love this verse. I often say to myself when i start to project my worry into the future. Maybe I should just focus on todays trouble first.
Not like Jesus was all lollipops and rainbows he said there is trouble, he just advises us to take it one day at a time.
I have to remind myself all the time
not to worry about things to come with my pregnancy, and mine is not even complicated. so I know how much this must be on your mind. I hope you can find some peace.
Post a Comment