Well, as many of you know, but not all of you, there have been new developments in my life that directly affect my health. Because I haven't gotten in touch with all of you, I won't spill any beans.
However, my Crohn's has been sucky lately and I wanted to blog a little about it here. This is extremely, how to say... extremely graphic information about my bowel habits, and I wouldn't be hurt at all if you skipped this post entirely.
Simply put: I have had diarrhea every morning for the past week or a little more. Just in the morning, generally, and often if I poo during the rest of the day, it's a normal poo. I think that I've been having this diarrhea because I've been on antibiotics for the last 7 days, so it's not really a surprise, but I ended the antibiotic on Saturday and started again with the diarrhea this morning.
It's frustrating. I think that I had it this morning because I had a mini-flare yesterday afternoon, and I often "clear out" the morning or day after a big episode. However, I don't know exactly why I had the flare yesterday. Is it because my body is coming off the antibiotics and it jolted my intestines? Is it because I took an iron supplement Saturday night with dinner and it messed me up (this is my favorite explanation)? Is it because ... I don't know! All I know is that I was contemplating the hospital yesterday afternoon and then had a full dinner, eating standing up with 26 college students, having a great time, and didn't have a twinge of Crohn's. Very odd.
So, today I'm going to drink lots of fluids (thanks, Karen!) and try and be calm. I am going to take a nap tonight before dinner and a worship time with a friend of ours struggling with cancer. Hopefully my body will even out by tomorrow and I'll be back on track. In the meantime, rest, probiotics, and water shall be my friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment