Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Snacks

Although I am feeling much better than I was with that bad cold, my Crohn's is still not this gentle, sleeping baby. It's the baby that is learning how to sleep.

One way I'm dealing with this is by not snacking. That's right. No snacks. Only three meals a day and water in between.

I have waffled between thinking that it would be good for my Crohn's to have five or so small meals a day, so that I don't overwhelm my digestive system with a huge meal three times a day, and believing that it would be good to have only three meals a day so that my digestive system can catch a break.

I'm currently using the second option. Because I've been eating A LOT lately, in small meals and snacks all day long, and my life is stressful and doesn't include a lot of sleep, I thought it would be good to have three, moderately-sized meals a day.

And it's working! I feel good. My bowels are regular (TMI, I know), I don't have cramping, I have only a little gas (internal), etc. It's good.

No comments: