Friday, November 02, 2007

I did it!

After writing that depressing blog post yesterday, I did it: I called the doctor's office and asked to speak to someone about potentially switching doctors!

They actually have a person who deals with "doctor changes" (hopefully not just for the GI department!), and I spoke to her. I asked if I (and possibly my husband) could meet with this other doctor that I was interested in. I want to talk to him, have him go over my chart with me and my husband and talk about what kind of care he'd recommend for me. And this way, I'd also get a feel for what he's like and if our personalities would work well together, if I felt comfortable with him and like I was being taken care of. See if he can offer me hope.

This woman--we'll call her "Molly"--is going to talk to the new doctor--let's call him "Preston"--on Monday (without talking to my old doc, whom we'll now address as "Lars"). So, Molly will talk to Preston and then Molly will call me back with the next step.

Whew! It's kind of nice both to (1) have a game plan and (2) be able to use names on this blog, even if they aren't the real names.

And I think I'll call my husband "Pierre" from now on, by the way.

In other news, I think I should give you all an update on other areas of my life, so that you don't think I think about Crohn's all the livelong day:

--We won first place in our church's "Trunk or Treat" trunk decorating contest. Trunk or Treat is when everyone at church pulls into the church parking lot, decorates their trunks, and the kids of the church dress up and go trick or treating from trunk to trunk. Very cute! We filled Pierre's truck bed up with water, I dressed up like a jellyfish and Pierre like a fisherman, and we had the kids fish bags of candy out of the water like they would fish out jellyfish. First place, baby!

--I'm going to therapy and it's very hard, but very good. It'll hopefully help me deal with anxiety and stress more effectively. I'm also going to physical therapy, as is Pierre, and we both love our therapist--we'll call her "Janice" (we see the same person). She's incredibly good at what she does.

--Pierre and I have too many things going on in our lives, including two big time commitments ending in November: the church men's retreat and our discipleship program that we lead small groups in. Hopefully the absence of these things will give us some much-needed breathing room in our schedules.

Hope this gives you a little update on the rest of my life! Thank you for your love and prayers.

No comments: