I hate finding titles for these posts. Anyway... This post is "for the record," so I can remember it. More for me than for you, but oh well.
I'm doing fine. A couple of days ago, though, I woke up, was moving around, and had some intense gas pain that intensified when I (a) was sitting or (b) stopped moving around. It didn't hurt when I was moving around or when I was laying down. But the pain was extremely intense, causing me to break out in a sweat when it came. But I wasn't distented, nor was I having noticeable peristalsis (sp?). My husband and I walked around the block once to see if that would help, but it didn't seem to. I was so confused: I hadn't eaten anything yet that morning, or even had any water. I didn't feel bad in the night, or even during devotions.
I decided to stay home until the pain passed (I was pretty sure it wasn't hospital-worthy, but wasn't 100% positive, and anyway, I couldn't sit). I laid down awhile and then was able to go to the bathroom. Didn't feel momentous, the potty time, but after that, I felt fine. I was able to eat some toast and that went through fine. I eventually went to work, and just had some "soreness" (like a shadow of the morning's pain in my abdomen occasionally in the afternoon) the rest of the day.
The only thing I can figure out is that it was the pumpkin muffin (LOTS of fiber in pumpkin, but never bothered me before) and small glass of cranberry juice (lots of sugar, sugar = gas) that I had right before bed. I had this snack and then laid down for the night and I wonder if it just hung out in my intestines, not moving too much, building up gas, and then when I got moving around in the morning, the gas was incredibly intense and concentrated with that digested food. I don't know.
Here's what I'm going to learn from that episode:
--No snacks before bed, unless I'm going for a walk right after.
--More exercise in general would be great (and I joined the gym with my husband this week, so that should help)
There we go! Thanks for listening!
No comments:
Post a Comment