Monday, September 18, 2006

Goals, cont.

So, I started the Metamucil a day later than I planned because I wasn't feeling 100% on Friday and I didn't want to complicate things.

But I have now taken it two days in a row, and things are... okay. I am pretty bloated, though not in pain, and so I decided to ask the GI nurse about it when I called her about blood work for my medication. She said that (though she was the one who said it originally was okay) fiber suppliments are pretty gassy by nature, but Metamucil is known for being EXTRA gassy. Hmmm. I reminded her that I have Crohn's and said I wanted to up my fiber intake b/c I don't get much in my regular diet and was it okay for me to take these suppliment at all? "Oh, yes! Your doc says it's great." But she recommended Citrucel or Fibercon this time, which are a little less gassy but still gentle.

I guess my husband's going to have to finish that big container of Metamucil that I bought in bulk. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are glad you are experiencing good times with the Crohns; we continue to pray for you and the hubby as you continue on this journey. Love you guys!