Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Blood

Oh, don't worry, I'm just trying to be sensationalistic (is that a word?). ;)

I got my blood drawn, finally, to check on the Imuran/aziathropene and how it is affecting my body. I should be getting it drawn every 3 months. There is a chance, I believe, for adverse side effects on my liver or kidneys or something. I don't remember. I lose track. But I'm not that worried, honestly. I can't begin worrying about the only drug that (a) my Crohn's responds to and (b) my doctor will let me be on. The stress would ruin everything. I have an appointment with him, with my GI, next Friday, so I'll probably find out then how my blood looks, unless it's really bad and they have to call me right away.

I'm feeling good, still, praise the Lord! I am gaining a little weight, which is awesome. I have occasional evenings of minor intestinal discomfort but I can usually create an explanation. It's amazing how much time heals my mind. I'm no longer freaking out about every little gas or cramp I feel. I'm keeping cool, keeping calm and doing smart things: drinking lots of water, walking, talking about things that bother me instead of holding them in ,eating in an atmosphere of calm, etc. And I'm even able to eat things that bothered me just a month or two ago: fried foods, fatty foods, broccoli. Most aren't things I should eat anyway, but at least I don't have to be so hyper-vigilant to avoid them.

Thanks for checking in and for loving me. I hope you are all well, too.

No comments: