Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Overwhelmed and stressed

Christmas season is a stressful time for me. And this season is more stressful than others for various reasons. The one I'm thinking of right now is the fact that I will be gone for two consecutive weeks from work starting on Monday, and I have SO MUCH STUFF TO GET DONE that I've been putting off for various reasons. If my boss will be filling in for me, I want things as clean and up to date as possible.

This task would be fine if I didn't have additional work piling on me at the same time.

And if I didn't have a doc appt this afternoon (don't get worried, it's just a little thing).

Not to mention the packing we need to do for the next week, the present-buying, the present-wrapping, the supper-making, the laundry, the house-cleaning, the sleeping! Oh, the sleeping!

My new doc told me before he left our appointment to be careful with holiday eating--"Don't eat any grass." Well, I haven't eaten any grass, but I have been eating lots of holiday food, thereby missing the point of his command. And my body is telling me that I have made a mistake. Nothing huge, just Crohn's pain throughout the afternoon and evenings this week and last. Results of stress and bad eating.

Please pray if you think of me during this time. Thank you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I finally read your last two posts. I'm so glad about Preston. He sounds cool. And I will definitely be praying for you this week while you are gone. Rest up!
Love,
Karen