You guys are so lucky, getting to hear only about my medical issues. I was reminded of this by a faithful blog reader, and I apologize. It just means that I am not doing a good job of staying in touch with you outside of this blog. ;)
So, here's another medical update:
My dentist stalker, as I am now going to call him, is meeting my husband for prayer (they're prayer partners, did I mention that?) and when they scheduled the prayer time, the dentist also asked if I could come in sometime "soon" to have my other six cavities sedated until next year when I can get real fillings. Because he's worried about the decay necessitating crowns next year and wants to save us money. I asked my husband to clarify "soon" and he said that our friend said "I have openings this week!" Hurumph. That's why he's my dentist stalker. He's always looking out for me and my teeth, and he won't leave my dental health alone! ;) I am very lucky to have such a stalker, I realize, and to have such a talented and reasonably-priced dentist is a gift from the Lord. So, I gave my husband some available times so that they could schedule at the prayer meeting today, and then I'll probably go in for my four shots (b/c there's at least one cavity on the upper right, upper left, lower left, and lower right sides of my mouth--all sides) sometime later this week, maybe even tomorrow. We'll see if I decide to go with the Valium. I'm feeling fine right now, just irritated that I can't wait for this fun work until after the holidays. ;)
As for my Crohn's, I haven't been feeling great, but I think it's okay. Life has been full of positive stress (Thanksgiving travel and family) and negative stress (LONG to-do list at home and large church art project due soon), and both affect my Crohn's the same way. We're working on going on more walks and I'm trying to be careful with what I eat (especially during the holidays). And I'm trying to express emotions healthily and on time.
Thank you for your prayers. I hope your Advent has started well.
No comments:
Post a Comment